Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Shop 2/11/06

I have no idea where I was but I was driving. My real self. And I saw this shop on a service road. And it looked familiar but I didn't know why. So I pulled over and went in and I was looking around and this guy comes out and he's like "I figured you'd be back. It's been a while." And I'm trying to figure out who this guy is and how he knows me, and if I'd been there before. And then for some reason I'm scrounging around for an excuse to be there.

It's a new age type shop. There are crystals all over the place, so many crystals. Books on tarot and wicca and aliens, books on runes, on everything. Incense, prisms, hand blown glass stuff. Silks and sarongs. And this guy is just staying quiet, waiting for me to say something or do something I guess. And I glance down at my hands and my carnelian ring is busted up. The band broke and the stone's crushed a bit. So I took it off and gave it to him and asked him if he could fix it. He looks it over and then he's like "Well.. let me see what I can find. You know what the stone means right?" Yeah yeah, I know what a carnelian is.

So he takes the stone out of the setting and throws the silver away and puts the stone on this display thing so he can look at it and he said something.. I can't remember what. And he said I should take it somewhere else to have it fixed. And we said a few other things then he's like why don't you come around the back and see the rest of the family. Ok.. this is getting weird but for some reason I do. And he asks me to go out the front and go around back.

So I take my carnelian and I go out front and I make my way around and it's this gorgeous lot with dogs running around and cats and there's a porch screened in. And I step up and go inside and he's talking to these older people seated around a round wooden table. They all stop when I come in. And he urges me forward and they're all smiling at me and stuff. And then I realize that I'd been there with Dad at some point. And so we go in the kitchen and he gives me a mug of tea to drink and says some stuff then asks me if I've given any thought to what I'm doing with my future.

I told him that I had no idea I was just waiting for Jason to get back from Iraq. And he said I should look into my touch therapy and taking some training classes for it. And reaches over and grabs my head as he says it, shaking me lightly then lets go. And I'm like.. I've thought about that.. my mother in law's sister is starting a reflexology massage spa type thing. And he says I should definitely do it.

And so like we talk a little bit more and he says something about I have to live up to my name and walk my path. And then I'm heading out and there's these three girls that are leaving or coming.. something. Neices I think. And they're going out the porch and the dogs are all barking and being a pain and the cats are swarming the porch exits and whenever the sunlight hits them they yowl and hiss and growl and smoke some and start to light on fire. And the guy's like damnit those damn dogs infected the cats and it was weird. So I like push one of the cats that are on the porch on the side I'm at the only one there and it goes out into the sun and explodes into flames. Then something woke me up.